A Board Meeting was held on Saturday, June 27, with the Instructors to discuss returning to practice. After discussing certain options, we have decided on the following:
- Practices would only consist of Music (Instrument) class until further notice.
- Practices for Dance would be suspended for the rest of the year.
- There will be no dance practice at all for the entire rest of this year. So, if your child does not have an instrument and only attends dance class, we will advise at a later date when the possibility of dance practice can resume, but at this time is it suspended.
- Practices would resume on Saturday, September 12, 2020.
We would love for the kids to come in for practice, as it would definitely make it easier for the instructors, especially with the tuning of the instrument. Although, we will try out the possibility of conducting classes through video conferencing (Zoom, Google Meet, etc) for those who are not comfortable with coming in and practicing. This may pose some difficulties for the parent at home, but we can at least give it a try.
We also discussed splitting the classes up in groups. For example, one group at 9:00 A.M., the next group at 10:00 A.M., the following group at 11:00 A.M., and so on. This will all depend on how many kids will be coming in for practice. In an effort to solidify these plans, we ask that you complete the following form to assist us in planning out these steps to resuming practice – CLICK HERE. We ask for your response by Saturday, July 25, 2020.
NOTE: If your child(ren) is/are not in Music practices, you are not required to complete the form.
THERE IS NO PARENT MEETING ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 15 – INSTEAD, THE BOARD AND INSTRUCTORS WILL MEET
We will also be taking the following safety precautions:
- Hand sanitizer will be purchased and made available during practice.
- After the instructor tunes an instrument, the instructor will sanitize their hands.
- A face mask or covering is required to be worn by all members and instructors at practice.
- Social distancing guidelines will be followed, including placing chairs 6 feet apart.